Request help regarding building of the xorg-macros and libxcb

Marek Chalupa mchqwerty at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:46:37 PDT 2014

On 11 August 2014 11:36, <gautam.h.kumar at accenture.com> wrote:

>  Hi Marek,
>

> Pls find the logs as under as you had told I did the same.
>

>                root at ivi-VirtualBox:/source_build# echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>

>                root at ivi-VirtualBox:/source_build# export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$WLD/share/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>
>                root at ivi-VirtualBox:/source_build# cd libxcb/
>
>                root at ivi-VirtualBox:/source_build/libxcb# ./autogen.sh
> --prefix=$WLD
>
>                autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
>
>                autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
>
>                autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4
>
>                configure.ac:29: error: xorg-macros version 1.18 or higher
> is required but 1.17 found
>
>                /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4:39: XORG_MACROS_VERSION
> is expanded from...

Apparently, you're using /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4 file. Is that
the file you installed? What is the $WLD set to? Where are you installing
the xorg-macros? Did you set the environment according the instructions on
the top of the page? There's:

export WLD=$HOME/install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$WLD/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$WLD/lib/pkgconfig/:$WLD/share/pkgconfig/
export PATH=$WLD/bin:$PATH

export ACLOCAL_PATH=$WLD/share/aclocal
export ACLOCAL="aclocal -I $ACLOCAL_PATH"
mkdir -p $ACLOCAL_PATH

It looks like you've skipped this, because you don't have the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH set. If you haven't set this till now, do so and recompile
all the
packages again.

                configure.ac:29: the top level