The road to Wayland/Weston 1.6 and 1.5.1

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:14:04 PDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:57:37 +0300
Giulio Camuffo <giuliocamuffo at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > in the release announcement of 1.5.0[1] it was said that the alpha
> > release towards 1.6 should come out mid-August. That time is now, so
> > how about we target Friday, Aug 22nd (European time)?
> >
> > I know the review process has been lagging behind badly, and we
> > probably won't see e.g. IVI-shell merged for 1.6, but I try to do what
> > I can. What major features have been forgotten on the mailing list
> > unmerged, that you would like to see included in 1.6?
>
> I had these patches which I'd like to see going in:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-December/012589.html

This one looks pretty simple, and I can confirm the problem with
CapsLock, so yes, I'd like to take this. Could you rebase it?

> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-December/012590.html
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-December/012591.html

Of these two, the first needs the second to be used at all, right? The
follow-up comment is true, I would not want NumLock be on by default on
my laptop, so I think this needs more work, like you have identified.