[Help]Question about graphics architecture for weson/wayland

Yang Andy williamyang13 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:20:58 PDT 2014

Hi Carsten

Thank you very much for your reply.

> EFL itself doesn't care what the compositor uses for acceleration. efl supports
> either software rendering using shm protocol with wayland that SHOULD work
> everywhere on all wayland compositors regardless of any driver infra, types,
> acceleration etc. - there is also egl + gles2 rendering support for acelerated
> rendering. of course compositor will then need to handle drm buffers etc. to
> make this work.

If i choose software rendering using shm protocol,dose weston(compositor)  use fbdev-backed?

My senario is that my target device do not support hardware accelerate.(do not use gpu)
But i have to use EFL to develop application in wayland/weston platform.

In order to achieve my task,how do i setup weston?

Best regards.

Andy