Multiple Display Support

Abhijit Potnis abhijitpotnis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 06:06:07 PDT 2014

Hello Pekka,

Weston does detect the two connectors, log below show that :

[22:29:40.882] Output None1, (connector 4, crtc 10)
               mode 1280x800 at 57.4, preferred, current
[22:29:40.919] Failed to initialize backlight
[22:29:40.919] EDID data 'DEL', 'DELL 2007WFP', 'NF409794051L'
[22:29:40.919] Output HDMI1, (connector 12, crtc 14)
               mode 1680x1050 at 59.9, preferred, current
               mode 1280x1024 at 75.0
               mode 1280x1024 at 60.0
               mode 1152x864 at 75.0
               mode 1024x768 at 75.1
               mode 1024x768 at 60.0
               mode 800x600 at 75.0
               mode 800x600 at 60.3
               mode 640x480 at 7[80981.215270] HDCP: hdcp_3des_cb:
hdcp_keys not loaded = 0

I also noticed that when launched without the --connector argument, weston
shell launches on one display ( Say HDMI ), the other display (LCD) goes
BLACK and even the fbcon is not visible. This does mean someone is
rendering on that screen. But I wasn't able to move any Weston windows to
the LCD display.

- AP