wl_tablet draft v2

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 04:15:02 PDT 2014

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:20:46 -0700
Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/20/2014 12:13 PM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
>
> > What would be a use case, where you might get blinking?
> >
>  > If the
> > item is highlighted because an action with the input tool on any
> > wl_surface may affect it, why remove the highlight when the input
> > tool leaves?
>
> That describes the situation pretty closely, except the action is on
> some subset of the wl_surfaces (for instance, only on the wl_surfaces
> that belong to the client).

What I described in the quote above was just a meaningless chain of
abstract happenings, that in my imagination has no use in the real
world, that is, a use case.

Help me, explain what real use case would match that chain?

Why not remove the higlight when *entering* the client's wl_surface
that does not affect the highlighted item?