Self introduction

Matthieu Gautier dev at mgautier.fr
Fri Aug 29 08:40:41 PDT 2014

Hello All,

As usual, a small self introduction...

My name is Matthieu Gautier, French developer of 30 years old.
I'm a developer for years now and I've worked on a lot of projects
related to embedded and graphics (video game, scientific visualization
and digital TV). My last job was to work on a embedded platform allowing
user to have several applications running simultaneously on its TV on
top of the live video (pretty relative to Wayland isn't it ? :) ).

I'm also a long term user of Free software and I'm Fedora ambassador for
almost as long as I'm developer.

And my irc nickname is starmad.

Well, my small introduction made, let's speak about Wayland:

I'm really interested in the wayland project and now than I've more free
time, I would like to stop looking at the project and start being
involve in it.

Where am I?
I've made the minimal : read the doc, downloaded, compiled and run
wayland/weston. Played a little with everything and dived in the source
code.

Where can I go ?
In a lot of directions.

Where will I go ?
Well.. Learn more about Wayland and Weston.
To do so, I plan to search on bugzilla few easy fix (If you know some,
don't hesitate), the best way to enter in a project. And probably ask
you a lot of questions :)

Regards,
Matthieu Gautier.