Where should project Weston go?

Samuele Disegna smldis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:54:08 PST 2014

Since when it started I was following the list:
-First weston announce:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2012-January/001763.html
-Some questions to Kristian about the same subject(with reply):
[Weston SDK]  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-February/007419.html
-[Clarifying scope and goals for weston]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-April/008659.html
Seems like one of the intial goals was to have a simple core
product-quality-ready for certain applications.
Other goals I remember were to be a testing bench for new software and
a reference implementation of wayland for other compositors.

Weston was born from wayland, splitting up the code and adopting a new
name. It could be done again if the filosophy changes and the software
splits.
--
Samuele