Where should project Weston go?

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 10 06:30:19 PST 2014

On 10.12.2014 14:36, Daniel Stone wrote:
> understandable, but this is not a failure of upstream. If you redesigned
> your patches to avoid the (IMO massive) design flaws and resubmitted, or
> communicated with us earlier on so your original design was more
> suitable, this could've been avoided.

Regardless of the "massive design flaws" it works just fine IRL... :)

There was no assurance that the vastly more complex approach would be
acceptable.

> In particular, you've been complaining about the lack of documentation.
> We would absolutely welcome a lot of patches and help there, since it is
> a weak spot. Is that something you'd be interested in helping with?

I'm not particularly interested on developing Wayland nor Weston, just a
mere user trying to make use of it. I have other stuff to do.

My view is just from my external user's perspective.