launch QT app failed with wayland

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Fri Dec 26 15:04:39 PST 2014

On Friday, December 26, 2014 05:59:37 PM Ray·Bloodworth wrote:
> Hi, Thiago
>
>    Thanks for your reply!
>
> >> Dec 25 03:49:45 localhost sh[597]: wl_surface at 45: error 0:
> >> surface->configure already set
> >
> >> Dec 25 03:49:45 localhost sh[597]: The Wayland connection experienced a
> >> fatal error (Protocol error)
> >
> >>   It was said something wrong with wayland protocol.
> >>   Could anyone help me with this issue?
> >
> >Put a breakpoint in any of the two messages and give us a backtrace.
>  >
> >Please be sure you're using a "wayland-egl" plugin compiled with debug symbols
> >so we can get the line numbers from where the error happened in the Qt code.
>
>   I'm trying to get more logs...
>
>   Is there any possibility that ico-homescreen has setted surface already and the secondary launched app(qt-wayland application) set surface again which conflicts with ico-homescreen?
>
>   Could you tell me any possibility about this error?
>
> BR,
>

> Ray·Bloodworth

Is ico-homescreen a QT5 app? Are you trying to run it under Gnome-Shell Wayland, or Weston? I think there is a problem with wl_shell and gnome-shell which is what QT5 applications currently use by default, (as opposed to xdg_shell) and I get protocol errors...

...I don't know if it's a problem with gnome-shell, or qtwayland, as QT5 applications do run on Weston, but this reminds me that I probably should discuss who to report it to on IRC,.

If you are getting these errors on gnome-shell, it's probably the same thing I noticed, but forgot to report.