Xserver errors

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 09:46:44 PST 2014

On 02/05/2014 09:21 AM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> What compositor are you using

The X11 compositor you get when you run wayland under X.

My X system is stock Ubuntu running Unity, though I suspect that has
little to do with it.

> and how did you build Xwayland?

There is "xwayland" inside weston. Weston I am using the main branch,
and I configure and compile and install it with:

./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/install --disable-setuid-install
--disable-colord
make
make install

xserver: I am using the xwayland-1.12 branch from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver. Configure/make/install is:

./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/install
make
make install

Also I am compiling/installing xserver after xwayland, not sure if this
is the correct order.

I am rather mystified as to why there is both an xserver and xwayland
code in weston, any quick explanation would be appreciated.

> Did you
> build xf86-video-wayland as well?

No, only xf86-video-ati, xf86-video-intel, xf86-video-wlshm. I had to
compile tons of stuff in order to get xserver to compile, which is
really annoying. Most of it I suspect is never used.

If I add this, how do I tell the Xserver that it exists? Do I just have
to install it, or do I have to recomfigure and recompile Xserver?

I am also dubious that this has anything to do with it, as my test
applications are not using xv.