Xserver errors

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Wed Feb 5 10:00:29 PST 2014

You want to be using the "xwayland" branch of Xorg, not "xwayland-1.12".
That explains why everything was showing up black: xwayland-1.12 is almost
a year old, and Weston doesn't work with it anymore.

Make sure to build xf86-video-wayland, and uninstall xf86-video-wlshm.
wlshm is old. You should just be able to just install xf86-video-wayland
and have everything work.

--
  Jasper