Weston : ideas about xdg_sell, and implementation for a taskbar

Manuel Bachmann manuel.bachmann at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Feb 10 07:43:46 PST 2014

Hi Guilio,

In fact, the client will be hidden anyway, because in order to keep some
consistency, the compositor will hide it :

"set_minimized()" function in "shell.c" :
https://github.com/Tarnyko/weston-taskbar/blob/1.4.0-taskbar/desktop-shell/shell.c#L3385

What the client does, here, is that it knows it has been mimimized, and
will handle in a specific way (slowing its rendering down, e.g.).

It seemed like a good compromise between some opinions expressed before :
server-side or client-side. Here the server-side will hide the window, but
the client-side *may* do some useful stuff.

I may be wrong of course, and in that case we could just handle this
server-side (the code just did this before).

Regards
Tarnyko,