[RFC v2] Wayland presentation extension (video protocol)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:20:00 PST 2014

Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> This algorithm aims to start showing an update between t-T/2 and t+T/2,
> which means that presentation may occur a little early or late, with
> an "average" of zero. Another option would be to show the update between
> t and t+T, which would mean that presentation would be always late with
> an "average" of T/2.

I think there would be a lot less confusion if this was described using
the t,t+1 model. I think in your diagram it would move the 'P' line .5
to the right so they line up with the green lines, and all the red
arrows would tilt to the right. It makes no difference to the result
(the same frames are selected) but I think makes it a lot easier to
describe.

Another reason is that media starts at time 0, not time -.5*frame.