giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 06:59:57 PST 2014
Given the low activity on the list these days I hope noone will be
angry if I send a mail not directly related to Wayland or Weston. :)
Some months ago I announced here the birth of Orbital, a shell plugin
for Weston and a shell client made with Qt.
Today I instead announce the first alpha release, version 0.1. It is
nowhere near finished or complete, but it is not pre-pre-alpha quality
Compared to the first announcement there are some changes:
- added hotspots for triggering desktop effects
- improved the workspaces grid effect thanks to weston_view
- added applets for changing the audio volume and for mounting and
unmounting block devices
- a new default style
- session support: Orbital will load the clients that were open when
it was closed
- added a splash screen
- added the Italian translation
- made every dependency aside Qt and Weston optional (logind, ALSA, Solid).
I have also split the repository, moving the Weston plugin, now called
Nuclear, to its own one. The purpose is to allow it to be used with
third party shell clients, if anyone wants to.
The things I want to do next are:
- implement xdg_shell
- clip the surfaces to their own workspace geometry
- add a graphical screenshooter client and possibly a screencaster one too
- fix bugs
On  you can see some screenshots I made, while you can see an older
screencast on .
- Orbital: https://github.com/giucam/orbital/archive/v0.1.tar.gz
- Nuclear: https://github.com/nuclide/nuclear/archive/v0.1.tar.gz
More information about the wayland-devel