libinput requirements for feature parity with X

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:42:20 PST 2014

Ping Cheng wrote:

>     graphics tablets:
>     * extended axis event support
>     * tool change notification (could be just button events? not sure)
>

> Will tool id, serial number, and tool type be supported here?

Shouldn't each tool be a different pointing device? It at least needs to
know which tool is being used when moving it, it can't be deferred until
the first button is being pushed.

Are tablets capable of handling more than one tool at a time? If this is
at all plausable I think they all have to be different pointers since
otherwise there is no way to indicate which x/y position is which tool.
Otherwise I guess a "tool changed" event would work.