Window placement

Fabrice Rey fabounet03 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:39:40 PDT 2014

> "I am not sure if wayland should allow this, and whether there are
clients that expect this to work"
Well, there is at least one application that exists and displays a ring of
icons under the mouse. So, it needs to tell the compositor to place its
window to (dx;dy) relatively to the mouse.
(Under X, it will retrieve the current mouse and then place its window, but
since this behavior is not possible under Wayland, the second one becomes
necessary).