weston: xwayland-test failed without any log.

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:54:49 PDT 2014

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 13:22:03 +0800
Guangyu Zhang <zguangyu123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The following is the content of my test-suite.log.
>
> =====================================
>    weston 1.5.90: ./test-suite.log
> =====================================
>
> # TOTAL: 12
> # PASS:  10
> # SKIP:  1
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> SKIP: buffer-count
> ==================
>

> FAIL: xwayland-test
> ===================
>

> And the file xwayland-test.log is also empty.
>
> In fact, my xwayland works well.
> Did anyone see this before?

Hi,

the test has been known broken for a while (ever since the jump to
the new XWayland architecture in fact). The actual test logs are in
the logs/ directory.

I'm not sure if the test would start working again once Glamor is
accelerating XWayland, or if it maybe needs dri3 support in the
XWayland stack, but even then, I think the test might need some
fixing to have it working also with software-rendered XWayland. The
scope of the original test may be outdated, too.