libinput returns multiple keyboards that do not generate events

Stefanos A. stapostol at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 05:43:59 PDT 2014

> In that case, yes, the two keyboards should be on different seats. You can
> use udev to determine the different seats.

Is there any documentation for this? Every sample I have been able to find
so far creates a single seat.

> Are you sure you don't want to use Wayland or another protocol where the
> compositor will already do all this logic for you?

I have separate XI2 and Wayland backends that implement this on a higher
level. The libinput backend is provided as an alternative for running
directly on a linux console (I don't expect this to be useful in the
general case, but there are a few applications that can benefit.)