Threading in Wayland

Olivier Blin olivier.blin at softathome.com
Thu Jul 17 08:23:06 PDT 2014

On 25/06/2014 15:04, Marek Chalupa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was recently discovering/playing with threading in Wayland. Here are
> some notes and questions I gathered:
>
> * display_thread variable in struct wl_display (wayland-client.c) is
> not used anywhere
> * pthread_cont_t cond in wl_event_queue is broadcasted/signaled but
> there's no code waiting on it (already mentioned here:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-April/014539.html)
>
> The question is: am I missing something or are those bugs?
>
> I also wrote some tests for it
> (http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-June/015628.html,
> and have more locally).
Hi Marek,

I noticed the same thing a while back about the cond variable, and I had
a patch locally which I have just sent to the list.
It also removes the event_queue_list variable that becomes unused after
the removal of the cond variable.

About display_thread, its usage seems to have been removed in
3c7e8bfbb4745315b7bcbf69fa746c3d6718c305 as well
(client: Add wl_display_prepare_read() API to relax thread model
assumptions)

Regards

--
Olivier Blin - SoftAtHome

-- This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for the addressees and are SoftAtHome.s ownership. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.