Query regarding calibration

jadahl at gmail.com jadahl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:18:15 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 07:55:10PM +0530, Sujith H wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using a freescale embedded device ( imx6 series) to run weston. I am
> able to successfully run on desktop-shell as well as the ivi-shell. The
> touch is also working fine. My query here is that the touch is not getting
> calibrated precisely. When I launch an example from Qt5, say animatedtiles,
> the touch points on the device does not work as expected. When I touch on
> different icons they don't respond. And if touch on some other location on
> the screen ( where the icons are not there) they do respond. I ran
> weston-calibrator to added them to udev rules.
> My udev rules file comprises of lines:
>
> ATTRS{name}=="eGalax Touch Screen",ENV{WL_CALIBRATION}="1.022831 0.032131
> -33.125458 0.027089 1.006087 -13.918884"
>
> May I know how to tackle this problem, so that when I touch the icons of
> the example(s) they respond properly. I had tried with weston-simple-touch,
> it works like charm on the target. Let me know if I am missing any thing or
> more inputs are needed to understand this problem.

Since you say that weston-simple-touch gets the correct coordinates (draws
the red dots under your finger), if another client works incorrectly, I'd
suspect that its that client that is at fault. The compositor will not
send touch events differently depending on what client asks for it.

If its not the client that is at fault, then it'd be good to know if the
udev rules you got from weston-calibrator change the way behaviour
weston-simple-touch, and whether you are using the libinput backend or
the default built input device backend.

Jonas