Weston multitouch support?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Jun 1 15:24:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 1 June 2014 02:03, José Expósito <jose.exposito89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I say more or less because it is necessary to put 3 fingers on the
> trackpad to start moving the rectangles...
> Anyway, the program is not working on Weston. My question is, is that
> because Weston doesn't implement multitouch support or because Wayland
> doesn't support it at the moment? Could it be possible to implement
> multitouch support in a custom compositor?

Wayland doesn't (currently) support touchpad gestures for arbitrary
clients; trying to do it for X11 uncovered a whole host of really subtle
and annoying issues. The intention was to reserve trackpad gestures for a
gesture interpreter which lives in the compositor and is properly
integrated with, e.g., scrolling and tap-to-click.

Can I ask if you had a specific usecase in mind?

Cheers,
Daniel