Weston multitouch support?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jun 1 20:30:00 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 11:38:02PM +0100, José Expósito wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm asking because I'm the author of this tool:
> https://code.google.com/p/touchegg/
>
> That is exactly what you mention but for X11. So I'd like to port it to
> Wayland if it is possible of course.
>
> > The intention was to reserve trackpad
> > gestures for a gesture interpreter
> > which lives in the compositor and is
> > properly integrated with, e.g., scrolling
> > and tap-to-click.
>
> Does this mean that it is possible to get multi touch gestures in the
> compositor at the moment?
> Will or is it possible to use both approach? I mean, get system gestures in
> the compositor and app specified gestures in the clients, like in OS X.

the input stack in weston atm is that you get touch events from a
direct-touch MT device raw and unprocessed (save for mapping), but for
touchpads some input events are interpreted by the stack (libinput or
evdev-touchpad.c) and then passed on as pointer events, you don't see the MT
bits of those.

Cheers,
   Peter