Wayland window transparency

Neal.Kunkle at elektrobit.com Neal.Kunkle at elektrobit.com
Tue Mar 11 05:27:52 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am currently struggling with transparency on a system with Wayland 1.2 and using the Weston compositor.  I have looked through the documentation and read through previous mails, but I did not find an answer to what I seek.  Can you please let me know if this is possible/ how to interact with Wayland for the following functionality?

What I would like to do:
I would like my window to have an opaque background, such that when objects in my application are transparent, I see through them to the window's background.  This is what is occurring on other systems and I would like to remain consistent across platforms.

What is currently occurring:
When I have transparent objects on my window (meaning low alpha values), I see through the window to whatever is underneath.  If another application is running underneath mine, it will show through transparent places in my window.

Thanks,

Neal Kunkle
Software Engineer, ASW

EB - Driving the Future of Software
Am Wolfsmantel 46 91058 Erlangen, Deutschland
Phone: +49 9131 7701 7375
neal.kunkle at elektrobit.com<mailto:neal.kunkle at elektrobit.com>
http://automotive.elektrobit.com<http://automotive.elektrobit.com/>

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.