weston: weston randr protocol for testing and configuration

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Thu Mar 27 05:31:34 PDT 2014

I don't think the user really knows what refresh is either.

I'm actually curious: is there a reason to ever expose different modes to
the user that have the same width/height but different timings? What's the
rationale for choosing one instead of the other? I know nothing about
display panels, keep in mind.

I'm also assuming a modern system here with a modern display panel, so no
saying "the refresh means the CRT updates faster and it's brighter and less
less flicker"

  Jasper