SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad firmware bug

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Mar 28 17:00:14 PDT 2014

On 29/03/2014 04:54 , Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>> No problem, I just did that for you. See the attached patch. Seems to
>> work here, but I am not 100% sure, especially about the non-mt case.
>> It does prevent sudden pointer jumps to the bottom left corner of the
>> screen (survived a while round of the Harvest Honors game, something
>> that the original driver cound not do!), but I also get some click
>> attempts mistreated as right-clicks. Probably because there are in
>> fact some moments when the touchpad thinks that two fingers are on it.
>
> And now rebased on top of your wip/clickpad-improvements branch (which
> works otherwise). Note that now I can get a right-click both using a
> software button area and using a two-finger tap. Is this intentional?

yes, tapping and software button areas are independent of each other and
are enabled at the same time. clickfinger and software buttons are
mutually exclusive (and the former is only enabled on apple touchpads
anyway). Other than that anytime a click isn't what you expect it to be
is likely a bug.

Cheers,
   Peter