[Question]wl_input_method and wl_input_panel are bound in diffrent processes

yan.wang at linux.intel.com yan.wang at linux.intel.com
Thu May 8 05:14:00 PDT 2014

Hi, All,
  I have a question about wl_input_method and wl_input_panel. I read the
sample named keyboard.c in weston/client.
  This sample binds the 2 interfaces.
  My question is whether the 2 interfaces could be bound in different
process?
E.g. When porting scim input method to Weston, virtual keyboard may run as
a single helper process which should bind to wl_input_panel. And
wl_input_method may be bound to another process.
  I found virtual keyboard could be shown/hidden rightly in this case but
the panel couldn't get pointer focus.
  I guess the reason is that 2 process has different wl_client pointers.
In weston_pointer_set_focus() (src/input.c), move_resources_for_client()
may drop the focused surface because mismatched wl_client.
  Who could confirm it?
  Thanks.

Yan Wang