documentation for wl_egl_window_resize in libwayland-egl

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed May 14 03:08:09 PDT 2014

On Wed, 14 May 2014 15:21:37 +0530
Rohit Nandan <pulkitnandan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I was trying to issue wl_egl_window_resize just after wl_egl_window_create
> but could not find/search/research over what last two parameters of
> wl_egl_window_resize mean. In implementation it states it int dx,dy. But
> not even single line description of what these ints refer to.
> Though I thought that it just set window at some dx , dy offset. But even
> calling this function with same arguments window is alone resized with no
> observable pattern on its position.
>
> Can anyone please reveal this mystery.

Hi,

the dx,dy are the x,y arguments to wl_surface.attach request. If you
have a floating top-level window, setting these to non-zero should
cause the window to move. They are used to tell how many columns and
rows of pixels to remove from the top/left of the surface, when a
surface spontaneously (programmatically by the client, not a user or
server performed resize) changes size.

If this doesn't work anymore for floating top-level windows, it is a bug
in the compositor.

Note, that calling wl_egl_window_resize() right after
wl_egl_window_create() is not too useful, as for a window to move, it
has to be mapped (shown with content) first. Also it depends on the
window type and state whether moving with dx,dy has any effect. E.g.
for fullscreen or maximized windows it would not make a difference.