Weston multitouch support?

José Expósito jose.exposito89 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:03:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm running a very simple QML multitouch example using MultiPointTouchArea,
that works (more or less) on X11, here is the code:

    Rectangle {
        width: 400; height: 400
        MultiPointTouchArea {
            anchors.fill: parent
            touchPoints: [ TouchPoint { id: point1 }, TouchPoint { id:
point2 } ]
        }
        Rectangle { width: 30; height: 30; color: "green";  x: point1.x; y:
point1.y }
        Rectangle { width: 30; height: 30; color: "yellow"; x: point2.x; y:
point2.y }
    }

And I say more or less because it is necessary to put 3 fingers on the
trackpad to start moving the rectangles...
Anyway, the program is not working on Weston. My question is, is that
because Weston doesn't implement multitouch support or because Wayland
doesn't support it at the moment? Could it be possible to implement
multitouch support in a custom compositor?

This is my system information:
Macbook Air 2011 (clickpack)
Qt 5.3.0
Latest QtWayland source code (1/Jun/2014)
Weston 1.5.90