[RFC weston 00/15] libweston

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 12:07:29 PST 2014

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 10:41:19PM +0200, Giulio Camuffo wrote:
>> This patchset makes a libweston.so out of the compositor core, thought
>> to be used by many different users.
>
> Who are thought be the users for this?

Well, my compositor for sure
(https://github.com/giucam/orbital/tree/libwestonv2), and anything
looking to be a Wayland compositor without too much hassle. I guess
stuff like the more minimal X11 window managers like openbox and the
like would be a user of this.
While they could be also a shell plugin for weston, that's quite
suboptimal. They don't have their own executable, they can't use stuff
like Qt since they don't have a place to start its event loop, and
they have in general less control.

--
Giulio