vc_dispmanx_set_wl_buffer_in_use not found

Pekka Paalanen pekka.paalanen at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 23:45:07 PST 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:44:07 +0800
Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Pekka Paalanen
> <pekka.paalanen at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:57:47 +0800
> > Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I pulled lastest git://github.com/raspberrypi/userland.git and
> >> still can't find the vc_dispmanx_set_wl_buffer_in_use symbol.
> >>
> >> Any source to get the lastest userland?
> >
> > I haven't heard of the needed changes to have been merged into the
> > master branch, so I believe you would still need the branch from
> > https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland/pull/110
>
> Pekka,
>
> I pulled the Tomeu's Wayland branch, compiled and installed. Now the
> vc_dispmanx_set_wl_buffer_in_use symbol is defined, Weston starts
> fine, but mplayer2 couldn't initialize GL.
>
> > Note, that Eric Anholt has been working on VC4 support in Mesa. It
> > is unlikely for this pull request to be ever merged into
> > userland.git upstream.
>
> I tried the "--with-gallium-drivers=vc4" with mesa but still could get
> mplayer2 to run.
>
> I'm trying to fiind a way to video on raspi. omxplayer works well but
> can't play all the format. XBMC is way too bloated for me.
>
> I used mplayer on my Intel notebook and would like to find an
> equivalent for the Raspberry PI. Try mpv, but that's not working.

Hi,

well, with so little information, all I can ask is: are you sure you
had Wayland-enabled version of a player, and the player is using GLESv2
instead of anything else like desktop OpenGL?

Also, does weston-simple-egl work? If that doesn't work, then nothing
else EGL/Wayland will, and there is still something wrong with the EGL,
driver, or Weston installation or such.

I don't really know in what state the Mesa vc4 is in terms of running
apps, but I do know that in the past, Tomeu's branch did allow
weston-simple-egl to run. Not smoothly and reliably as we had some
open issues, but it did run.

I'm not sure what you are looking for even exists, if XBMC is not
suitable (I mean any of the popular rpi media apps, I don't really
know those either).