[PATCH weston-ivi-shell v8 00/13] a reference shell for In-Vehicle Infotainment system
nobuhiko_tanibata at xddp.denso.co.jp
Wed Nov 26 20:07:20 PST 2014
This is version 8 of ivi_shell patches reviewed by Pekka Paalanen
<pekka.paalanen at collabora.co.uk>.
Vesion 7 can be found here:
Version 1 can be found here and this overviews what ivi_shell is:
Version 6 enclosed an updated picture for overviewing of ivi-shell:
For easier testing/review, this patch series can be found in my github
Overview of Changes since version v7:
The patchset has been completely restructured so I don’t write all
changed per each patch here.
* Rebased on Weston master.
* Improvement of README.
* Coding sytle change, following
* Clean up protocols and its descriptions, ivi-application.aml and
* Re-alignment of ivi-layout interfaces in ivi-layout-export.h. Which
interfaces should be exported by WL_EXPORT is re-aligned by that they
are needed by references of how to use ivi-layout interfaces;
hmi-controller and ivi-controller. One reference; hmi-controller is a
part of this patchset. Another one; ivi-controller is provided by GENIVI
wayland-ivi-extension project. The link to the project can be find in
* Refinement of destruction logic of ivi_surface in ivi-shell.c and
* Authorization check to restrict access from client to hmi-controller.
A client invoked by hmi-controller is allowed to access.
* Clean up weston-ivi-shell-user-interface which is reference of how to
use hmi-controller protocol. There are several unnecessary roundtrips.
It is fixed referring simple-shm code.
* Clean up clients; simpe-egl, simple-shm, and window to support
* This is not change yet. We are looking for merging ivi-layout.so into
More information about the wayland-devel