[PATCH wayland] client: add wl_proxy_get_version function
remi at remlab.net
Mon Oct 6 03:09:05 PDT 2014
Le 2014-10-06 12:52, Pekka Paalanen a écrit :
> Could this be solved (completely?) by saying that libraries that take
> existing wl_proxy objects such that they
> a) set up listeners, or
> b) create new wl_proxies from it and set their listeners;
> need to also offer API to tell which versions of the passed in
> wl_proxies they support?
I think that works in principles. I am not sure how easy it would be to
convince all the toolkit vendors (GTK, Qt...) to support that though.
It's not so easy for the toolkit. Currently, I'd guess they just create
a surface. Instead they would have to:
- add a Wayland-specific version parameter to the widget/whatever
- obtain desired surface version from the application,
- create a new registry object,
- bind a new compositor with the desired version,
- destroy the registry object,
- allocate the surface with the desired version,
- destroy the compositor object.
More information about the wayland-devel