How to make an app on the top of the display

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Tue Oct 7 21:16:23 PDT 2014

If by "on the top of the display" you mean in terms of stacking order (e.g.
"always on top"), then it's not possible. What happens if two windows set
themselves this way?

If by "on the top of the display" you mean in terms of position, then it's
also not possible. You cannot set the position of your window on the screen
at all.

Can you talk more about your use case and why you want this?

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM, yong.gan at freescale.com <
yong.gan at freescale.com> wrote:

> Hi ALL:
>
> I want to make an app on the top or the display, but can't find such
> function in xdg_surface API, Does somebody know how to do it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards
> Yong Gan

  Jasper