Dual display clone mode in Wayland

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:04:22 PDT 2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 07:28:12 +0000
Sathishkumar Sivagurunathan <sathishkumar.sivagurunathan at igate.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I am trying to bring up Weston on laptop. My aim is to see the display on two screens (Laptop screen [1366x768] and HDMI display [1920x1080])..
>
>    Is there a way that I can mentioning in weston.ini file so that the displays are clone of each other..
>
>   Currently, they seem to be in extend more..

Sorry, Weston does not implement clone mode at the moment, but there
have been patches around. I found one reference:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-October/011438.html
but I think there may have been some later series, too.

Controlling monitor placement at all is not possible yet, I seem to
recall seeing some attempts on that, too. If you to pick these efforts
up, finding the latest series on the mailing list archives would be the
first step. I think one of the problems was how to deal with
hot-plug/unplug and the things got awfully complicated - not so much
technically as in what would be an expected behaviour.