[ANNOUNCE] libxkbcommon 0.5.0
ran234 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 07:01:04 PDT 2014
Here are the NEWS for this release. There's also a new PACKAGING
file, for those interested.
libxkbcommon 0.5.0 - 2014-10-18
- Added support for Compose/dead keys in a new module (included in
libxkbcommon). See the documentation or the
xkbcommon/xkbcommon-compose.h header file for more details.
- Improved and reordered some sections of the documentation.
- The doxygen HTML pages were made nicer to read.
- Most tests now run also on non-linux platforms.
- A warning is emitted by default about RMLVO values which are not used
during keymap compilation, which are most often a user misconfiguration.
For example, "terminate:ctrl_alt_backspace" instead of
- Added symbol versioning for libxkbcommon and libxkbcommon-x11.
Note: binaries compiled against this and future versions will not be
able to link against the previous versions of the library.
- Removed several compatablity symbols from the binary (the API isn't
affected). This affects binaries which
1. Were compiled against a pre-stable (<0.2.0) version of libxkbcommon, and
2. Are linked against the this or later version of libxkbcommon.
Such a scenario is likely to fail already.
- If Xvfb is not available, the x11comp test is now correctly skipped
instead of hanging.
- Benchmarks were moved to a separate bench/ directory.
- Build fixes from OpenBSD.
- Fixed a bug where key type entries such as "map[None] = Level2;" were
- New API:
git tag: xkbcommon-0.5.0
MD5: 2e1faeafcc609c30af3a561a91e84158 libxkbcommon-0.5.0.tar.xz
SHA1: 7127993bfb69e13cdff25fb8b3c8f26ce6be5bfa libxkbcommon-0.5.0.tar.xz
More information about the wayland-devel