Patch for RPI crash

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Oct 20 03:36:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 9 October 2014 10:37, Yves De Muyter <yves at alfavisio.be> wrote:

> Here is a fix for an issue that pops up here when I close a window on a
> Raspberry-pi that is using GLES2 to draw contents.
> It also reproducible with the clients/simple-egl application by simply
> pressing 'esc' on the window (closes the window) or doing 'ctrl-c' on
> the terminal. The result is a Weston crash.
>
> What happens is that the buffer is set to NULL while still used.
> The patch is against current master.

Hmm, I don't think this is quite the right patch ... more a workaround than
solving the root problem.

It seems like the correct patch would be to set surface->buffer_type to
BUFFER_TYPE_NULL in, e.g., rpi_renderer_attach, and making sure it's not
even considered by the draw stack to begin with. If we ever get to draw a
surface with no buffer, we've screwed up somewhere.

Unfortunately I don't have a RPi with me, so can't test any of this.

Cheers,
Daniel