libinput: Support for long press key detection?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:03:46 PDT 2014

On 10/27/2014 04:08 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

>> You are right that libinput should not do this. I see it as something
>> the compositor does. It is just like the gestures for touch.
>
> now you're higher level - compositor. slight problem here is that to do click
> cancellation the compositor would need to know the geometry of every clickable
> element (button) within every surface at all times.

Can you explain why that would be needed?

I figured if a client "cancelled" a click it would just ignore the
events after that. This would not cause any information to be lost, the
client would get all the press/release/move events it does now, so I
don't see any reason the compositor needs to know, or if it does need to
know then the compositor would need to know this information with the
current version of Wayland.