Wayland specification doesn't match code generation

Boyan Ding stu_dby at 126.com
Wed Sep 3 20:59:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

It is actually not a fault in wayland, instead it is designed to be so.
new_id's without interface specified in the protocol (such as the one in
wl_registry::bind) must come with 3 arguments (s: interface name, u:
version, n: the actual new_id). That's why 'n' turns into 'sun'. If a
language binding generates the wrong code, please contact the author of
the language binding and let him correct it. If you are changing how
wayland-scanner (the official C code generator) works, the whole world
will break before you.

Refer to "How protocol objects are created" section in [1] to see the
details.

Regards,
Boyan Ding

[1]