Is there specail requirement for libEGL.so to support wayland1.5?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 02:22:51 PDT 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:43:09 +0300
Giulio Camuffo <giuliocamuffo at gmail.com> wrote:

> That doesn't sound right. The Wayland ABI didn't change in the
> 1.4->1.5 timeframe, so a rebuild shouldn't be needed. You should try
> to debug and find the exact problem.

Yes, exactly this. It should just work.

Please provide WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 dump from your client for the working and
failing cases, if you need help. Maybe we could spot something, though
it is quite unlikely.

Is your Weston unmodified? What backend and renderer are you using?

If your Weston contains some vendor-provided hacks for client EGL
support instead of properly using EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display, we may
not be able to help you.