Unable to get events from my touchscreen in Weston using libinput

Aurelien Bouin a_bouin at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 08:59:44 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am using weston-1.6.0 with wayland-1.6.0 libinput-0.6.0 compiled for ARM with yocto
When I start weston I can see that the touch is detected in the logs :
"""[13:28:20.166] input device 'ADS7846 Touchscreen', /dev/input/event0 is a touch device """
Here is the complete log : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dHjWSH16
But I am unable to get a launcher launch ... or weston-calibrator do not detect a touch ...

What is wierd though is that when weston goes to screensaver ... when I touch the screen it wakes up ...
I can see event with event-debug the tools of libinput ...
I tried export WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 ... I am sure that debug is enable since there is a bunch of messages at start up ... but i get nothing on touch event ... when I plug a mouse then I get event when the mouse is moving ...

Where should I look to ?

Thank you for your help

Aurelien BOUIN