[RFC : xdg_surface_present() - take 2

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:25:05 PDT 2015

I thought there was quite a lot of interest in having a single request
and giving serial==0 a special meaning. I certainly would be in favor of it.

If you don't do that, all that is going to happen is libraries will do
it themselves, so they don't have to write two versions of every wrapper
function that deal with serials. Though I think it likely everybody will
choose the value of zero as "do the request that does not take a serial"
it would probably be a lot better to force this, while at the same time
making the wayland api simpler.