Touchpad acceleration

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 03:00:02 PDT 2015

<re-adding the list + Peter to the Cc, please keep the Cc intact when replying>

Hi,

On 11-04-15 11:24, Stefanos A. wrote:
> No, this is a Samsung RC520. After switching between Xorg and Wayland
> a few times, I'm fairly sure this is caused by the different
> acceleration curves. Xorg appears to ramp up to 1.0+ quicker than
> libinput, making it feel more responsive. Libinput remains in the <1.0
> region for larger finger movements, making it feel "laggy".
>
> Could it be that my touchpad is not yet part of the hardware database?

Yes that is definitely a possibility.

Can you please install "evemu" and then do:

sudo evemu-record
<press ctrl+c>

Then look which input node is your touchpad and do:

sudo evemu-record /dev/input/event# > touchpad-1fg-move.log

And then move your finger from left to right at normal mouse move
speed, then press ctrl+c and send us the generated log file.

Also please measure the physical size (width and height of usable
area in mm) of your touchpad.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans