Daily builds of wayland+weston (Ubuntu)

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Tue Apr 21 01:18:36 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:27:24AM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:46:59 -0700
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>
> > I've set up automatic builds of git snapshots of wayland, libinput, and
> > weston via Canonical's "recipe" PPA system:
> >
> >   https://launchpad.net/~wayland.admin/+archive/ubuntu/daily-builds
> >
> > Builds are done once a day, if there are upstream changes since the last
> > build (so we've been getting about 1-2 builds per week typically.)  If
> > there are build breakages, it emails a mailing list,
> > wayland.admin at lists.launchpad.net.
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > P.S. I've also set up a similar build for cairo and pixman, which is
> > accessible at the following url.  This one uses similar configuration
> > and packaging as the stock Ubuntu package (i.e. no GL enabled):
> >
> >   https://code.launchpad.net/~cairo.admin/+archive/ubuntu/cairo-daily/
>
> Very cool!
>
> How do I subscribe for Wayland, Weston, and Pixman build failures?

For the first two, join the wayland.admin team and then subscribe via
the team page:

  https://launchpad.net/~wayland.admin

For pixman, join the cairo.admin team:

  https://launchpad.net/~cairo.admin

> Are there any patches added in addition to what the upstream master
> branch is?

Ubuntu doesn't carry any patches for wayland or weston.  For pixman
there's one patch which increases the testsuite timeout from 5 to 50
seconds; seemed innocuous so I left it.

For cairo, I kept all the patches except for two already upstream.  Four
of the five patches are really there to fix packaging deficiencies.
The fifth patch turns off server-side gradients; I should probably drop
it too.

> What architectures do the builds cover?

Just AMD64 and i386 right now.

I can try requesting doing ARM builds as well, if that would be of
interest.  (https://dev.launchpad.net/CommunityARMBuilds)

Bryce