Wayland Relative Pointer API Progress

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:05:02 PDT 2015

Interesting. It does seem like a good idea to do remote by providing
identical device api's. This probably applies to sound output too. There
will have to be simple and obvious methods to figure out the remote
machine so that all other devices besides the display go to the same
one, and there will have to be network apis designed for each of them.
But this may be a way to avoid having every aspect of remote hardware
encoded into wayland messages.

If a client opens a device, will that interfere with wayland's reading
of the device? For instance if the client opens the mouse, will wayland
still get the mouse position such that it can revoke access when the
cursor moves out of the window?