wl_surface.attach with NULL wl_buffer behaviour

Prabhu S prabhusundar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:04:11 PDT 2015

Below is the case where I'm getting stuck with the actual test case.
Wondering why there is no callback wl_callback at 25.done or
wl_buffer at 29.release
The EGL implementation depends on these callback/buffer release.
Also noticed if the valid buffer is attached immediately after null buffer,
everything is fine, so most of the time it is unnoticed. If the frame is
complex, egl will attach after null frame.

I will keep debug if any other race conditions in my implementation.

[3741557.293]  -> wl_surface at 20.frame(new id wl_callback at 25)
[3741557.476]  -> wl_surface at 20.attach(wl_buffer at 29, 0, 0)
[3741557.676]  -> wl_surface at 20.damage(0, 0, 800, 480)
[3741557.906]  -> wl_surface at 20.commit() <=EGL