Input device to weston after start

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Fri Dec 4 00:04:55 PST 2015

Hi,

I have a HW with touchscreen that is connected to serial port. I'm using inputattach to attach the touch to Linux input system. After that I start Weston and touch works just fine.

Problem now is that the inputattach takes some time to find/install the touch device and if I start Weston before that the touch won't work. This causes delay at startup that now is wanted to be eliminated. I think the delay in adding the touch device comes from kernel side so I'm not willing to touch to that if possible to avoid.

Question now is that is it possible to add input devices to Weston _after_ it's been started? If so, then how to do it? Simply adding the device the kernel input system doesn't automatically make it visible in Weston. Ie. if in my case the inputattach is started after Weston is started, the touch won't start working.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.