[libinput] A query regaring key remap functionality

박성진 sj76.park at samsung.com
Thu Dec 17 22:20:12 PST 2015

Dear all,

I have a query regarding key remap functionality.

As of now, there is no key remap functionality provided by libinput.

I’m thinking of having key remap functionality in libinput as one of the
existing device configuration features.

(Actually, I made a patch for libinput already and tested it.)

As we have a specific USB TV tuner remote controller named "au0828 IR
(Hauppauge HVR950Q)" and

when it's been plugged, a key was making a bad keycode(KEY_EXIT) different
from its original purpose of keycode (KEY_BACK).

I thought there will be more H/Ws in addition to "au0828 IR (Hauppauge
HVR950Q)" remote controller and

this is why I think the key remap feature can be a part of libinput device
configurations.

Plz kindly share you guys’ opinion. :D

Thanks,

Sung-Jin Park