X11 weston lockup

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Feb 9 03:44:30 PST 2015

Hi,

On 9 February 2015 at 11:37, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 February 2015 at 12:35, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to run weston under X and noticed that cursor updates are very sluggish.
>>
>> After a while any updates in the weston window stopped completely (eg.
>> cursor does not move, clock shows old time).
>>
>> Is there any point debugging this issue or is it just expected that
>> the x11 plugin sometimes breaks?

No, it's definitely not expected. A few of us still use it quite
often, and not only does it seem to work in general, but it definitely
should work as well.

If updates freeze, I expect this is due to EGL blocking. DRI3 seems to
be the primary cause of this: could you please try to use DRI2 and see
how that goes?

Cheers,
Daniel