RDP connection to wayland compositor

Vasyl Vavrychuk vvavrychuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 04:18:52 PST 2015

Hi,

Weston supports RDP protocol via rdp-backend. Its use is for example
described here https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Weston_RDP_access.

Current implementation works in the way that weston compositor launched
with wayland backend and weston compositor launched with RDP backend are
independent of each other. This means if we open some window direct on the
machine, this window will not be accessible via RDP.

This is similar how VNC operates in "Virtual Mode" here
http://www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/wayland/

I am interesting in another way of RDP access that I will not create new
session but connect to existing session of wayland compositor. It is
similar to "User Mode" described here
http://www.realvnc.com/products/vnc/wayland/

Is it feasible to implement?

Thanks,