X11 weston lockup

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Feb 9 11:37:19 PST 2015

Hi,

On 9 February 2015 at 19:16, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 February 2015 at 19:02, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>> On 9 February 2015 at 13:23, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't see any indication of dri3 being used or not in the weston
>>> output
>>
>> It's entirely silent in Weston because it's just an EGL implementation detail.
>>
>>> so I checked the Xorg log and it says that dri2 is used:
>>
>> Apparently the Xorg log doesn't tell you either. Could you please try
>> building http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/tree/tools/dri3info.c
>> (standalone tool) to see if you're using DRI3, and/or running weston
>> with LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 to see if that helps?
>
> I get
>
> Unable to connect to DRI3 on display ':0'
>
> from dri3info.
>
> Also I retried running weston and while the mouse cursor updates are
> still very slow I cannot reproduce the lockup. Instead weston shows
> the 'screen locker' after a while which did not happen before.

Are you running Weston from git? If so, could you please try reverting
to commit 3e4d4bdd (i.e. right before 'compositor-x11: Move the x11
window close to an idle handler') and see if that changes anything;
also, if you're running Wayland itself from git, reverting to 7575e2ea
(i.e. right before 'event-loop: Dispatch idle callbacks twice').

Cheers,
Daniel